Christopher K. Karic
Christopher K. Karic is a Partner in the Construction Law and Corporate Law Practice Groups of Sellar Hazard & Lucia. Mr. Karic’s construction practice focuses on providing a comprehensive range of legal services required by all participants in the construction industry such as developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and project manufacturers involving a broad array of transactions and dispute resolution matters.
Furthermore, Mr. Karic takes particular pride in providing a wide spectrum of legal services to emerging and established small and medium businesses that need guidance and legal counsel to navigate the constantly-changing corporate environment of the 21st century. He frequently assists these clients in practical, cost-effective advice on choice of entity, early stage tax issues, corporate governance, board composition and structure, and all aspects of corporate administration.
- B.A., University of California, Davis
- J.D., University of California, Davis
- LL.M., Taxation, Golden Gate University
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Trusts and Estates
Admitted to Practice
- Federal Northern District of California
- Board of Directors, International Angel Investors (1999-2000)
- Member, Association of Defense Counsel for Northern California and Nevada (1996-present)
- Board of Directors, Association of Defense Counsel for Northern California (2011)
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Mountain View Los Altos Soccer Club (Non-Profit), Corporate Secretary (2013-present)
Super Lawyers, an affiliate of Thomson Reuters, named Sellar Hazard & Lucia partner Christopher K. Karic to its annual Northern California Super Lawyers 2015 list. Super Lawyers recognizes attorneys who have distinguished themselves for their high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement in their legal practices. Each year, no more than 5% of lawyers are honored as Super Lawyers. Annual selection is made through a statewide survey of lawyers, independent research evaluation of candidates and peer reviews within each practice area.